Employment Opportunity: Quality Control Specialist
Earl’s Organic Produce, Inc., a leading distributor of organic produce throughout Northern California, seeks a skilled and energetic Quality Control Specialist for our San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market headquarters.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the selected candidate will manage the quality control of incoming and inventoried fresh produce and collaborate with the Inventory Control department to maintain a high level of inventory quality at all times.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct daily quality control inspections of 475+ line items of fresh fruits and vegetables
- Inspect existing inventory to ensure the maintenance of quality standards
- Help stage inventory to sell time-sensitive packaged goods (items with expiration dates) on a first-in-first-out basis
- Consistently monitor strategic management of product storage
- Review and address condition and ripeness levels of fruit commodities
- Maintain strict adherence to Good Handling Practices and Food Safety
- Identify and perform additional warehouse tasks throughout duration of shift. Actively support other operations team members.
Position requirements include:
- Thorough knowledge of USDA quality specifications or QC experience
- 1-2 years product receiving experience, preferably with a fresh produce company, and 1-2 years produce retail experience
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite and database software)
- Ability to maintain accurate logs and records
- Ability to maintain respect and composure in stressful situations
- Ability to respond to feedback from others
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Self motivation, strong initiative, and ownership of your function in the company
- Ability to lift 50lbs and handle frequently entering and exiting walk in coolers.
- Commitment, dedication, and a love of produce
If you believe you meet the requirements and skills of this position, please submit resume to the following: