Employment Opportunity: Product Receiver
Earl’s Organic Produce, Inc., a leading distributor of organic produce throughout Northern California, seeks a skilled and energetic Product Receiver for our San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market headquarters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work shift can also vary throughout the season
- Work with Grower Accounting department to ensure that all field identifications are correct
- Work with Purchasing department on specific needs and questions on daily receiving and reports.
- Receive product:
- Verify accuracy of packing slips
- Enter all information into our system data base received goods
- Quality Inspections in all product to ensure it meets Earl’s quality standards
- Perform data entry of product information are a match.
- Ensure that each product is cooled to its optimum temperature in the shortest amount of time, following the cold chain and storage in rotation correctly
- Establish and maintain good, positive working relationships with our growers or delivery drivers
- Ensure that the public scale is staffed with trained personnel. Collect money from truck drivers and issue scale tickets. Accountable for all money and scale tickets on a daily basis with our Accounting Department
- Supervision of assigned staff
- Be an effective advocate of the company and organization by always striving to ship the highest quality product
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires that employees work variable hours, Sunday – friday, and Holidays as required
- Ten hours per day or as necessary to fulfill job responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Three years minimum experience in Agriculture Receiving, Cooling & Shipping required
- One year supervision experience desired
- Ability to learn cooling management system, including cooling methods cold chain and desire temp for produce
- Intermediate computer knowledge in Excel, word and computer software usage and other related software a plus
- Keep up-to-date on new techniques in our industry is a must
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Requires continuing education in supervision, safety and other job related areas.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Manage and direct other individuals
- Work under general supervision.
PHYSICAL SKILLS AND MENTAL ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Majority of time spent walking to ensure proper operation of equipment
- Ability travel and work in remote locations
- Ability to work in an office and cooler environment with an average range between 34 and 70+ degrees
- Office equipment to be used (not inclusive list): 10-key calculator by touch, telephone, computer keyboard, photocopy machine, fax, postage meter and other clerical and office equipment
- Often standing, walking, sitting, reaching, turning, climbing stairs for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds without undue physical exertion
- Ability to stoop, reach, walk and other physical activities associated with an office and field environment
- Ability to communicate verbally and comprehend verbal instructions
- Requires sufficient sight and hearing to perform all job functions
- Can-do attitude with willingness to proactively solve issues
- Ability to carry out defined procedures with specific instructions
- Ability to learn new duties with minimal repetition
- Strong interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage a project from its initiation to completion with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, customers, vendors and peers.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package.
If you believe you meet the requirements and skills of this position, please submit resume to the following: