Earl’s Organic is Hiring Delivery Drivers!
Earl’s Organic Produce is seeking quality delivery drivers! Immediate positions are available. Class A/B license is required. Multi-drop delivery experience is a plus. Please contact Patrick Stewart @ 415-824-7419 with questions or interest. See the full job description below and attached here.
Earl’s Organic Produce, Inc., a leading distributor of organic produce throughout Northern California, seeks a skilled and safe Class A and Class B Delivery Drivers for our San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market headquarters.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the selected candidate will deliver palletized and floor-loaded orders to our diverse customer base in a timely and attentive manner.
Responsibilities will include:
• Conducting thorough pre-trip safety checks
• Maintaining accurate trips logs and related reports
• Securing loads to ensure product integrity upon delivery
• Efficiently navigating assigned delivery routes
• Unloading and appropriately handling pallets and packages, per customers’ specific needs
• Providing excellent customer service at every opportunity
• Informing his/her supervisor of route delays and outstanding delivery situations
• Obtaining necessary delivery receipts
• Organizing and securing all route related paperwork
• Participating in efficient route planning
• Pick-up dispatched backhauls in a timely manner
• Cultivating respectful working relationships with all customer personnel
• Contributing ideas for individual and team improvement
• Actively supporting other team members in a direct and respectful fashion
• Participating in related team projects and activities
Position requirements include:
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Class A or Class B California drivers license
• Able to operate an electric Pallet Jack Experience
• Able to operate a hand truck
• 2-3 years delivery driving experience, preferably with a fresh produce company but not necessary
• Familiarity with Bay Area traffic patterns
• Ability to read directions and use a street map to plot delivery route
• Ability to maintain logs and records
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent customer service ability
• Ability to respond to feedback from others
• Ability to present oneself professionally in customer-facing situations
• Ability to maintain respect and composure in stressful situations
• Attention to detail
• Desire to support other team members
• High amounts of energy!
• Desire to grow individually and to learn how to best support other team members
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. on a regular basis
• Ability to read, write and understand English
• Basic Warehouse experience
Earl’s Organic Produce provides a highly competitive compensation package, including medical, dental and company-sponsored retirement programs.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to PatrickS@earlsorganic.com. Thank you in advance for your interest!
Earl’s Organic Produce works to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened and productive environment.